
recipe (and picture) from www.delish.com
I just tried this new recipe out last night, and it was really good! I'll definitely do it again. In fact I had a hard time saving the leftovers for Justin...
I'm not pretending this is a HEALTHY dish, but it is delicious!
1 pound asparagus
3/4 pound fettucine noodles
4 Tbsp butter, cut into pieces
1 cup heavy cream (I didn't have any cream, but I've heard that you can substitute 3/4 cup milk plus 1/3 cup butter, so I did that. Yes, that adds up to a lot of butter!)
1 pinch nutmeg
3/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Snap the tough ends off the asparagus and discard them. Cut the washed asparagus spears into 1 inch pieces.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the fettucine until almost done, about 8 minutes. Add the asparagus and cook until it and the pasta are just done, about 4 minutes longer.
Drain the pasta and asparagus. Toss with the butter, cream, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and parmesan. Yep, just throw it all in and stir.
Now, at this stage, (maybe because of my cream substitution??) mine was very liquid-y. So I just turned the heat back on while I was stirring everything up. Eventually (after a minute or so) it thickened up and I had a delicious pasta with no liquid in the bottom of the pan. Tada.
Serve with additional parmesan on top.
I'm not pretending this is a HEALTHY dish, but it is delicious!
1 pound asparagus
3/4 pound fettucine noodles
4 Tbsp butter, cut into pieces
1 cup heavy cream (I didn't have any cream, but I've heard that you can substitute 3/4 cup milk plus 1/3 cup butter, so I did that. Yes, that adds up to a lot of butter!)
1 pinch nutmeg
3/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Snap the tough ends off the asparagus and discard them. Cut the washed asparagus spears into 1 inch pieces.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the fettucine until almost done, about 8 minutes. Add the asparagus and cook until it and the pasta are just done, about 4 minutes longer.
Drain the pasta and asparagus. Toss with the butter, cream, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and parmesan. Yep, just throw it all in and stir.
Now, at this stage, (maybe because of my cream substitution??) mine was very liquid-y. So I just turned the heat back on while I was stirring everything up. Eventually (after a minute or so) it thickened up and I had a delicious pasta with no liquid in the bottom of the pan. Tada.
Serve with additional parmesan on top.
2 comments:
I usually try to substitute non-fat evaporated milk for cream if I can. It works great most of the time!
Good idea, I'll have to try that! Thanks.
Post a Comment